The family of julian sands They expressed their “heartfelt thanks” and praised the “heroic” efforts of those looking for the British actor, who went missing in southern California more than a week ago.
In a statement shared by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office, the family thanked the authorities involved in efforts to find the 65-year-old actor.
Search operations are now in their 11th day after Sands was first reported missing Jan. 13 in the Baldy Bowl area of the San Gabriel Mountains.
“Our most sincere thanks to the compassionate members of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department who are coordinating the search for our beloved Julian, in particular the heroic search teams listed below who are facing difficult conditions on the ground and in the air. to bring Julian home. ”, the statement said. “We are deeply moved by the outpouring of love and support.”
The statement went on to list several organizations involved in the search.
The sheriff’s department added: “As we enter the 11th day of the search for Julian Sands in Mount Baldy, we are reminded of the sheer determination and selflessness of all the individuals who have assisted in this search. We will continue to use the resources available to us.”
It was previously revealed that pings from Sands’ phone appeared to show that he had been moving towards the mountainous area of Baldy Bowl on the day he was reported missing.
On Monday, a spokesman for the sheriff’s department told the PA news agency that conditions were still too dangerous for ground crews to operate and searches would be conducted only by helicopter.
The Mount Baldy bowl area has seen a deadly winter, with at least two hikers killed in the area after falling and injuring himself in the past month, according to the sheriff’s department.
#Julian #Sands #family #appreciates #heroic #efforts #search #enters #day #California